Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Old


I've always thought old things had a sort of magic about them. they always made me wonder what they looked like when they were new, and what kind of journey they had on the way to now. i guess that's why i love the story of the velveteen rabbit so much and the famous skin horse quote. and why i love old books. and old houses with old chest full of old letters and pictures. the shadows and stories and history behind it all. and i think actually that when someone or something ages gracefully right along with life they are more beautiful at the end than they were at the beginning. that's why i love old things




One of my favorite memories from growing up is exploring the old house that was way back in the woods behind our house. We found letters, old school papers, glass coke bottles, old washing machines...We would make up stories about who the people were and why they left all their things behind. Old houses still fascinate me and that is one reason why I love the South. There are old, broken down houses around every corner. Just imagine the stories this little shack could tell!


and then, she {snapped}

2 comments:

  1. Lovely finds. They are not old, just loved for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that old barn! I used to pass it every day on my way to work. :) thansk for posting that shelle! Love ya, Jen :)

    ReplyDelete